Monday, July 18, 2011

Topshop Makeup

A relative who lives in Singapore came home recently and I asked her to get some stuff for me. Of course, it had to be makeup. I checked Topshop's online store and asked her to get these for me.



*****


 Blush in Neon Rose - SGD13.00 or Php458.00


This is a cream blush. The color looks scary bright in the pot but it is actually surprisingly wearable. However, after like maybe a minute when I apply this on my cheeks, the color turns blotchy. I've tried it a couple of times already, always thinking that the previous attempt might be a fluke, but it's always the same. I don't get that problem with my other cream blushes so I don't understand why this doesn't work for me. I will try using this for some more and let you know if there's improvement.

*****

 Baked Eye Shadow Duo in Meteoric
From the Sandstorm Collection
SGD19.00 or Php669.00


 Swatched Dry

 Swatched Wet

OMG. I LOVE IT. This is very pigmented and the intensity is just gorgeous when applied with a wet brush. The third swatch is a mixture of the silver and plum colors which is a bit hard to do during a wet application. But that plum shade is just wow... Perfect for a very sexy smokey eye makeup!

*****

 Cream Lipcolour in Tawny
From the Sandstorm Collection
SGD16.00 or Php563.00



This sheers out when applied. It softly lightens my natural lip color. I don't really love it but I don't hate it too. I think it is a great wearable gloss for those who want to rock the pale lips without looking too corpse-y. It would be perfect with smokey eye makeup.

Have you noticed how a lot of clothing brands are adding makeup to their merchandise? H&M has makeup. Forever 21 has them too. And a lot of luxury fashion brands have makeup lines as well - D&G, Burberry, etc. Well, fashion and beauty really does go together, so hooray for these one-stop-shop brands! I just wish Topshop's makeup line is available here as well. And that all the brands make good makeup! :)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment