Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Inspirational Reads

This is what I am reading now...

The Teen Vogue Handbook: An Insider's Guide to Careers in Fashion


I love Teen Vogue! I used to subscribe to that magazine. Every issue is filled with fresh and colorful fashion - basically just fun, fun, fun! I wish they would come out with a digital version soon. I miss reading Teen Vogue. Anyhoo, this book was published in 2009. I never really paid attention to it, I had the impression that this is probably just another one of those books - a book that would make you regret spending money for.

I usually buy books from Amazon.com because they're usually cheaper there. But when I saw a small display of this book in a corner in Fully Booked, I picked one up and scanned it. It is basically a book on who's who in the fashion industry, including makeup and hair people, THE Pat McGrath included (of course). I didn't buy it right away but I couldn't forget about it. I just have to have it.

This book is actually targeted for teens, it is Teen Vogue after all. Each personality has just about three to four pages worth of info about their careers and photos of their works. It's really not much but you get inspired by their stories. I think anyone who loves fashion will like this book. I, on the other hand, love this book!

Can I just say how cute Marc Jacobs is? :)

Available at Fully Booked, Php599.00.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment