Thursday, August 11, 2011

Hachiko at Forever 21

Early this week, I watched Hachiko: A Dog's Story on HBO. I was bawling my eyes out and had a very stuffy nose and shortness of breath while watching the movie. I've never cried this much over a movie.

Hachiko: A Dog's Tale Trailer

Throughout the day, I was thinking about Hachiko and how much I've missed having a dog. My family loves dogs. We all have and had our own dogs. Well, except for my Dad (he just shares with my Mom). And my brother, who always seemed to hate them all, just recently got a dog, given by his girlfriend, and I was surprised at how much he cares for Huck, a Daschund.

My first dog was a Dalmatian whom we named Kobe (we had other dogs with basketball superstar-inspired names like Jordan and Rodman, a stray dog or askal) who got sick and is now in doggie heaven and a Japanese Spitz named Buttercup (from the cartoon show The Powerpuff Girls) who ran away two years after I got married and moved out of my parents' house. I remember my Mom calling me to ask if Buttercup was in our house. That time, we just moved in a couple of houses away from my Mom's and she thought my dog went to my house. Sadly, we never found her again. I miss her. :(

Anyway, I went to do my grocery and popped in Forever 21. I wasn't going to buy anything until I saw this cute little thing.

Forever 21 Ring Holder - Php305.00



Isn't this little doggie cute? :)

That night, my husband and I went to our neighborhood convenience store and a stray cat kept following us. When we got home, my husband gave the cat a piece of bread (He has taken care of a lot of stray cats already, giving them food and milk). After an hour, when my husband brought something to the car, the cat was still there. However, the following day, he/she was gone and haven't been back since then. He/She was going to be my Hachiko. :(

I guess we're not meant to have a pet yet. We're not yet ready to get a real dog. We just don't have the space right now. Until then, this little holder is my Hachiko. :)

Catch Hachiko: A Dog's Story on HBO this August 14, Sunday, at 10:30 PM.

xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment