Sunday, August 7, 2011

Hong Kong Finds

This is a long-overdue post. As you know, I love discovering new makeup stuff especially those that you won't find here in Manila. I also make it a point to score items that are cheaper elsewhere. Here are the stuff I got during my Hong Kong trip last Christmas and I can't believe I still have all the receipts (I know, this was last year pa...)!


*****

 Garnier Aqua Defense Non Stop Moisturizing Cream
On Sale from HKD89.00 to
HKD62.30 or Php880.00

I'm so glad I found this. This is what I use daily at night as this does not have SPF. I like that it is water-based so it doesn't make me super oily. I also love the scent! But more importantly, it never irritated me which is quite a miracle as majority of moisturizers I try break me out! I love this so much that I already have a back-up jar ready which I asked my cousin-in-law to buy for me in Singapore. Again, I do not understand why Garnier doesn't carry this particular product here.

*****

 H&M Gives Me That Special Glow Eye Shadow Quad 
HKD49.90 or Php270.00 


In the receipt, H&M calls this "Fancy" Makeup. The word "fancy" is defined as ornamental or decorative. By the quality of the eyeshadows, I'm afraid it can be a fancy product, not that I was expecting miracles from it. In fairness, they are pretty pigmented but a bit powdery. I also liked the color combination which made me decide to buy this palette. But aside from that, nothing great, really. Next time, I shall stay away from makeup lines of clothing stores.

*****

 H&M Lipgloss in True Beauty
HKD39.90 or Php216.00


Another H&M product. This has a thick and sticky consistency. It also doesn't give so much color when applied so this is best used as a clear gloss on top of a lip color. It's shine factor is amazing though, very very glossy. It smells good too. 

*****




 Muji Concealer in Ocher
HKD45.00 or Php244.00


This was recommended by another makeup artist. He uses it to neutralize dark circles. I find that it works great on slightly dark under eye discolorations. It is emollient enough to use around the sensitive area of the under eye and not crease like crazy. For darker circles, though, I find that an orange corrector works best.

*****

 Naris Up Brows Up Eyebrow Mascara in Gold Brown
HKD49.00 or Php266.00

 

Darn it! I actually bought the wrong shade. I discovered this in 2009, but the one I bought had a light brown shade. I didn't know it came in different shades when I bought a new tube last year. I'm not a fan of golden or bronze-y eyebrow mascara. I was able to ask my sister to get me the right color when she went to Hong Kong again early this year. I had to ask her to bring the empty tube of the shade I wanted just to make sure she'll buy the right one. It is very similar to Make Up For Ever's Waterproof Eyebrow Corrector in 00 (light brown) which is a favorite among makeup artists but at a fraction of the cost. Next time I visit Hong Kong, I will hoard this product! Hahaha. Available at City Super.

*****

 
Shu Uemura Natural 14H Pony Brush
HKD195.00 or Php1,057.00


I love this brush! I use it to contour the nose and this helps me create a natural looking shading on the sides of the nose to the eyebrow. I used to use MAC's 224 Tapered Blending Brush which is a fluffy eyeshadow brush. I find it easier and faster to work with Shu Uemura brush and the size is just perfect for the sides of  the nose.

*****

 Shu Uemura Hard Formula Hard 9 Eyebrow Pencil in Seal Brown 02
HKD150.00 or Php813.00


My HG eyebrow product. This is my second pencil. I love it so so so much. "This unique eyebrow pencil only releases color pigment when it interacts with the oils in the brow hairs" so it only gives the perfect amount of product for a very natural looking set of brows. Plus, the way they shape the pencil is just brilliant! It just makes it easier for me to use. I went to a Shu Uemura store and I asked them to teach me how to shape it. Now I do it myself! Saves me trips to the store and from unecessary worrying. This is the best eyebrow pencil for me!

I usually buy Shu Uemura in Hong Kong where it's a lot cheaper compared here. They even extend an additional 10% discount when you reach a certain amount and you may also receive a gift when it's your birthday month! :) I can't wait for my next trip. I'm already thinking of stuff I'm going to buy! :)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment