Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Duty Free Shopping

I've been visiting Duty Free quite often lately. Not that I've been traveling a lot, my passport is actually due for renewal. I ask family and friends who travel to bring me there. And every time I go, I always come home disappointed, complaining how there's nothing to buy... It's the same stuff all the time, yet I always end up going anyway (with shopping bags afterwards).

Here are the makeup I got in one of my visits.


*****
 Maybelline Colorsensational Trio Travel Pack
USD15.50 or Php650.00

 Three Colorsensational Lipsticks and 
Volum' Express Turbo Boost Mascara


 Left to Right: Sweet Pink, Galactic Mauve & Iced Caramel

 Left to Right: Sweet Pink, Galactic Mauve & Iced Caramel

This is a travel-exclusive set from Maybelline. Meaning, these are only available in international airports. Again, these lipsticks are not available locally and I've been wanting to try them. Great value for 3 lipsticks and a mascara, all full-sized! I really adore the packaging of the lipsticks. I love the four-cornered cap. My favorite among the bunch is the Iced Caramel which gives the best amount of color compared to the other two.

*****

 L'oreal Glam Shine 6H Volumizer Lipgloss in Papaya Tattoo
USD12.00 or Php503.00



This promises up to 6 hours of non-stop shine with instant lip plumping effects. I haven't tried this on myself yet, only on clients. Let's see if it will deliver its promises. I'll do an update soon. The reason why I bought this is because I don't have an orange lipgloss and I like the color of this one. It's actually just now that I discovered it's more than just a plain ol' lipgloss. Hahaha.:)

*****

MAC Lipglass in Nymphette
USD18.00 or Php755.00




Nymphette is a sunny golden pink lipgloss which is very wearable and perfect for everyday use. Can be used alone or on top of a lipstick. You can't go wrong with this... And that's all there really is to say about this beauty. Oh, I actually thought I got a bad tube when I removed it from the box and saw the gloss all cracked up (see photo) but a friend who used to work for MAC said that that is just normal. Whew!

 *****

 MAC Eye Shadow in Paradisco
USD17.00 or Php713.00


Orange crush! I don't know why but I was just attracted to this color that day. I am slowly filling up my second MAC eye shadow palette and this is one of the shades in my list (a list which is backed up by research and recommendations from other makeup artists). Paradisco is a bright pinky-coral with pearl shade (frost).

*****

So I was pretty excited when I first saw the MAC counter in our Duty Free. And I was really really excited when I found out that Duty Free prices were just about a little over a dollar more than the US retail price. Yey right? Well, not anymore. A couple of months later, prices went up and on my next visit, I just had to question why. The beauty consultant said that the lower prices were just an introductory promo (since it's a newly opened store). Hmmmm...

 NOW Price

THEN Price

Nevertheless, MAC is still cheaper in Duty Free than in our malls (but they're a lot cheaper in the US). Our Duty Free also carries Maybelline and L'oreal products that you will not find in our malls. You'll also find Shu Uemura, Smashbox, Chanel and Dior among the quite limited beauty brands in our Duty Free. And here's a shopping tip when traveling abroad: check out travel-exclusive makeup sets for great deals.

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment