Thursday, May 12, 2011

New Product Alert: Sigma Dry'n Shape

A brush holder that dries your brushes (after washing) faster than usual and shapes them at the same time? Cool.

I got an email from Sigma about this new product and I usually ignore promotional emails but I just had to take a look at this.

In their website, it says:

The Dry’n Shape was designed to completely dry and shape your most dense brushes within 4 to 6 hours, guaranteed.

The Dry’n Shape provides the necessary pressure to bristles to quickly and efficiently remove water from every fibre.  The fabric used to shape the bristles was specially engineered to accelerate water evaporation, resulting in a faster drying time for your brushes.


That is really cool!!! However, I have a couple of concerns...

First thought that came to mind, wouldn't that be prone to germs and bacteria? You put in your wet brushes, so there's water build-up (which can become a breeding ground), then there's possible exposure to dust and whatnot...

Secondly, after watching the video, wouldn't the elastic bands (that will firmly hold the bristles and keep their shape) put pressure and cause damage to its base (the part where the hairs are glued together)? I imagine that there is a slight tugging pressure from the elastic bands.
 
Lastly, I have a lot of brushes. Although I don't use them all at once, I find that the Dry'n Shape does not have enough holders/slots for the number of brushes I use when doing makeup on an average.

I still want to try this though. I usually leave my brushes to dry overnight after washing them. It would be great not to have to wait that long and be able to pack away my stuff before hitting the sack. It happened to me, I left my just-cleaned brushes at home when I did a shoot and it was the worst feeling ever. I did have other my other brushes with me but I couldn't stop looking for my favorites.

I can't wait for reviews on this item. Would definitely get one if they're good!

Available at sigmabeauty.com for USD29.00.

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Hi Christine! Great blog! :) I'm helping a good friend plan her wedding this December. Would it be possible for you to send me your bridal packages? Thanks a lot! :) - Hun

    P.S. I am Aman and Tina's cousin, in case you don't remember. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Of course, I remember you. Please send me an email so I can send you my rates. Thanks! :) christinerojaslavina@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete