Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Digital Magazines

If you're a magazine freak like me, Zinio is a great app to have on your tablet, smartbook, mobile phone and even your laptop and desktop. They have a ton of magazine titles (and even ebooks) to choose from. And when I say a ton, I mean A TON!



What I like about most magazines available in Zinio is that a year's worth of subscription is usually cheap! And aside from US magazines, you'll find titles from other countries as well and even own local magazines. Our local magazines though, sell for about the same price as its cover price.

Here are the titles I'm subscribed to:

Harper's Bazaar - USD14.99 or Php650.00 for 11 issues
Elle - USD14.99 or Php650.00 for 12 issues
Nylon Magazine - USD9.95 or Php430.00 for 10 issues
Nylon Guys (for the husband) - USD5.97 or Php259.00 for 5 issues

And here are the magazines on my wish list:

Marie Claire - USD19.99 or Php865.00 for 12 issues
Beauty Etc. - USD9.99 or Php432.00 for 4 issues

This is a beauty magazine in Spain and it doesn't matter that I don't understand Spanish. I just wish it wasn't so pricey. :(
Maquillaje Paso A Paso - USD42.96 or Php1,860.00 for 12 issues
Close-Up Fashion Hair & Makeup - USD4.29 or Php185.00 for 1 issue

I want this Divisoria issue. Just this.
Entrepreneur Philippines: Divisoria Issue - USD2.99 or Php130.00
Martha Stewart Living - USD28.00 or Php1,212.00 for 12 issues

Do It Yourself - USD19.97 or Php865.00 for 4 issues
PaperCraft Inspirations - USD39.99 or Php1,732.00 for 13 issues
Bike (for the husband again): USD9.00 or Php390.00 for 9 issues
Most magazines are viewable across platforms and that means you can have them waiting for you to read in your iPad, iPhone/iPod, Android and Mac or Windows computer. You just need to have the app installed in your device/s.

Since digital magazines are delivered wirelessly, you get them right away. Zinio emails you if you're latest issue is already available. There's also no shipping and handling costs to pay for. I do miss flipping through a real magazine sometimes but I like the savings I get. And at least I help save Mother Earth! :) Oh, and their customer service is great!

Check out Zinio and try it. They do have free magazines. I just got these (yey for freebies!):

Vogue Girl Nippon
CosmoGIRL! HK
Happy reading! :)

xoxo






No comments:

Post a Comment