Sunday, October 28, 2012

How To Wear Transparent Bags

I found this tinted transparent doctor's bag in SM and thought it would be a cute bag (and really cheap!) for my 9-year-old daughter. And I got this brilliant idea that I could "borrow" the bag too! We bought it a month or so ago and have only used it once since. I found it quite tricky to wear because everything is so exposed! Do I really want the whole world to see my things (aka trash)? Not really.

I need help on how to make it work. So I searched for some inspiration:















I like the idea of showing a pop of color like the fuchsia mascara tube or a cute item like the tin of Rosebud Salve. A small pouch with an interesting print is perfect to hide stuff you don't want exposed - IDs, cash, credit cards, receipts, feminine products, etc. But most importantly, I think it is best to limit your load to your absolute essentials. If you don't need it or won't use it, don't bring it. Which is a problem for me because I tend to carry a bunch of things with me. I saw a photo of a transparent bag overstuffed with a bunch of things and it wasn't pretty to look at. Not even a bit.

I will take the bag out for a ride again soon. Let's see if I can keep the inside visually appealing and leave the "rest of my room" at home. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment