Thursday, October 25, 2012

Ghoulia Yelps Costume & a DIY Piano Belt

My eldest asked to be Ghoulia Yelps from Monster High for Halloween. We hit the stores to find the pieces of her costume and it was a fun and challenging shopping experience!


Stripe shirt - H&M, my daughter's own
Red pants with stars print - Landmark, had them cut at the hem
Cherry tank top - Landmark, had it cut at the hem and added the red piping from an old cotton shirt
Wig - Divisoria
Headband - Marcela
Glasses - Landmark, removed the lens
Shoes - Payless Shoesource
Mesh gloves - Divisoria
Belt - DIY

The alterations on the pants and cherry tank top were done by Rey, my mom's sewer. We love him! :)

We couldn't find a piano belt so we got a wide plain grey-ish belt and I drew on the piano keys. Belt was also from Landmark.


I'm all "crafted" up! I loved doing small DIY projects for my daughters' costume! Have you seen my youngest's Lalaloopsy costume already? If you haven't, click here. :)

What are your kids wearing this Halloween? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment