Tuesday, July 10, 2012

BEAUTY GO-TO: Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Liquid Daily Sunblock

Thank goodness for my curiosity. I believe I have found my HG daily sunblock.

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Liquid Daily Sunblock SPF 70 Helioplex
 
I blogged about this (here) when I saw a magazine ad last year and did my best to get a hold of it. I have been using it regularly for months already and I am very happy with it. I love that it is light and not sticky and that it has a high level of SPF (70, to be exact). It does have that distinct sunblock smell but it goes away, or maybe you get used to it, after a while. This particular sunblock claims that it "layers invisibly under makeup". I am not sure if it doesn't really produce a white cast (like what regular sunblocks or makeup with SPF do) in photographs as I hardly have my photos taken but I am quite satisfied how I can thinly spread the product on my face and it applies almost clear.

"l ayers invisibly under makeup"


Before I started on this bottle, I was using Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer with SPF15 and I didn't want to open this until I finished the previous one. But this was one of those rare moments when my EQ gives up on me. Hahaha.

My ex-moisturizer - Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF 15

There was a time when I couldn't find the Neutrogena and used the Cetaphil instead and I just hated how it felt on my skin. Offhand, it was really thick and heavy and made me oily even before I left the house. The photo below shows just how thick the consistency of the Cetaphil compared to Neutrogena.

Cetaphil on the left. Neutrogena on the right.

Since my skin gets naturally oily through out the day, I realized that I don't need a heavy dose of moisturizer. What I really need more of is sunblock. We all need more, actually. And this sunblock actually gives me the right amount of moisturization without the crazy oiliness. And with the high amount of sun protection it has, I am very satisfied. Another simple and affordable product that works.

Sadly, this isn't available locally but if you have access, it is widely available in the US. It is also available on Amazon.com for USD9.92 (about Php411.00).

2 comments:

  1. Christine! Thanks for posting this! I have been looking for a lightweight sunblock for the past 7 months na. By the way, if you have oily skin I have this awesome and natural secret I will share with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could somehow help! :) What is your secret? I wanna know!!! :)

      Delete