Monday, January 16, 2012

BECCA Nail Polish Review: Toasted Marshmallow

BECCA Toasted Marshmallow from the Lost Weekend Collection
I was finally able to squeeze in a much wanted ME time last week after neglecting my nails for almost two months - aaaaaack! I was literally falling asleep during my foot spa and mani session. It was really, really GOOD! :)

Anyway, BECCA is fairly new in the nail polish game. Mid last year, they launched their very first nail polish collection (with three really pretty and bright fruity colors) as part of their Halcyon Days Collection for SS 2011. For the second installment, they came out with a three-piece collection included in the Lost Weekend Collection for Fall 2011 and they were more muted and conservative than their older sisters.


The one I have - the Toasted Marshmallow - is a soft brown pink that is very wearable and is a safe universal color. This may sound weird but I actually feel more responsible and mature wearing this nail color! Hahaha!


My nail technician applied two coats of the nail polish (no base coat) and a coat of top coat (I believe she used one from OPI - Sorry, I wasn't really paying attention, I was sort of in heaven that time!).

Let me tell you more about the product. BECCA's nail polishes are formaldehyde free, toluene free, camphor free and DBP free. Say whuuuuuuut??? Hahaha. I'm sure you have guessed it, they are harmful ingredients (read more about them here) and it's good that you won't find them in BECCA's nail polishes. They're also fast drying and has a glossy finish. They also promise to last up to 5 days.

I liked that two thin coats were enough to give me an opaque and even color. It did dry pretty fast but not as fast as those quick drying formulas. Well, they aren't really quick drying anyways so that's great enough for me. I can't really comment on the glossiness since I have top coat on.

I'm on my fourth day of wearing the nail color and I have to say that it is holding up pretty well. However, I did get an itty bitty chip in a corner of two nails (of my dominant hand) the following day but they weren't even noticeable so nothing major. And I get that often with other brands as well.

Overall, I like BECCA's nail polish. Two thin coats and you're good! Plus, I love that BECCA's nail polishes are part of a seasonal makeup collection. It's just a great way to ensure you always look well put together.

See what I mean? (Photo from makeup4all.com)
BECCA is available at Adora, Greenbelt 5, Makati City.

I hoped you like my first ever nail polish review. Apologies for the lack of posts but I do have more stuff to review and share so please do check back often. :)

Hope you're having an awesome new year, guys!!! :)

xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment