Thursday, July 5, 2012

Makeup Picks: 5 Products I'm Dying To Have and Try

I am a makeup artist by profession and I can easily justifiably turn wants into needs. I need a lot of things. A. LOT. But off hand, here is what I have on my list.

1. Urban Decay Super Saturated High Gloss Lip Color
UD Super Saturated High Gloss Lip Color in Punch Drunk
A makeup-artist friend has this and it's unbelievable how it is super packed with color and yet it's glossy. It's the ultimate combination: color + moisturizer. Sephora exclusive. Available in 7 colors, $19.00 (Php790.00) each, here.

2. Guerlain Meteorites Powder
Guerlain Meteorites Powder in Teint Rose 01
This is something like a highlighter, a finisher that gives you a glow. I've never tried it actually. I think it's the beautiful packaging that has sold me on this but I have heard some good feedback from people. I remember Suvarnabhumi Airport had a travel-exclusive set with all three colors in the same beautiful but smaller containers a few years back. I tried looking for it during my recent trips but I could no longer find it in international airports. :( They also have a limited edition Guerlain By Emilio Pucci which I don't mind having too, but that one is more for the summer season.
Price: USD58.00 to 59.00 (Php2,453.00), available at Sephora, here and here.
Guerlain By Emilio Pucci Meteorites Perles D'azur Illuminating Powder
Guerlain Meteorites Miniatures Asian Collection (Travel Exclusive), currently out of stock here.
3. Guerlain 4 Seasons Tailor-Made Bronzing Powder
Guerlain Terracotta 4 Seasons Tailor-Made Bronzing Powder
I almost bought this a few months back in Hong Kong. Too bad my cheapness got the best of me. I've heard a lot of good feedback about this and it's mostly great for contouring. I like that it has 4 gradating shades which can be used on different skintones. I think this has the promise of becoming a champion product in my kit. And does it help that Guerlain has impeccable packaging? Absolutely gorgeous! I will have this soon! I believe it will be worth the money. USD75.00 (Php3,118.00) at Sephora.

4. Viseart Eyeshadow Palette
Viseart Eyeshadow Palette in #1 Basics
Neutral. Matte. All 12 shades. Need I say more? Exceptional reviews as well, by the way. USD70.00 (Php2,910.00), available here.

5. Maybelline Color Show Nail Lacquer


It really is a shame that not all Maybelline products are available locally. I want all colors, please, if that's possible. USD2.99 (Php124.00) at Target.

No comments:

Post a Comment