Monday, March 7, 2011

Singapore Finds

We went to Singapore early December 2010 to attend the amazing Zouk Out event. It was an epic party but I think I am already too old for an all night (to morning) party. I was just DEAD tired afterwards.

Of course, I had to check out what beauty stuff Singapore has to offer... Sadly, I only got a couple of stuff as I found everything pricey! And I was pretty disappointed during my Sephora trip. Their stuff were a lot more expensive and their stocks weren't up to date with the US releases. There was only one thing I wanted in the store -- the Clarisonic Skincare Brush, but it was too expensive at SGD375.00 or Php12,832.00 compared its USA retail price of USD225.00 or Php9,760.00. I still can't believe I came out of Sephora empty handed!!!

Anyway, here are the stuff I got:
Left to Right: Maybelline Total Clean Absolute Makeup Remover, Fasio Eyebrow Mascara, Topshop Gloss, L'oreal Base Magique Transforming Smoothing Primer & L'oreal Perfect Clean Foaming Gel Wash (not in picture)



*****
Fasio Eyebrow Mascara in BR 301 - SGD10.40 or Php356.00
(original price: SGD13.00 less 20% xmas discount
)

My rating: 3 stars
I don't like the gold shimmery color. It doesn't look natural when applied -- it's the shimmering factor! Plus the brush does not coat the hairs evenly. You're better off with a spooly -- such a hassle!!! I heard a lot about this product from other makeup artists and was expecting a lot from it. Well, at least it was on sale. Fasio used to be available here in Manila.

*****
Topshop Gloss, Heavy Duty Collection in Volt - SGD16.00 or Php548.00

My rating: 5 stars
I looooooove the color! It is pigmented enough to give a full rich color and it can also be worn as a stain. And have I mentioned that the color is just absolutely gorgeous? Love, love, love!!!

*****
On our last day, I spent a good amount of time at Watson's. It was my last stop before heading to the airport, so I spent all my SGDs there... I kinda spent too much and ended up not having enough left for our taxi ride to the airport. Thank God for travel buddies!!! Hahaha.

Here are the stuff I got from SG's Watson's:
Maybelline Total Clean Makeup Remover - SGD15.90 or Php545.00

My rating: 4 stars
This makeup remover works really well. It removes a great deal of makeup gunk and I have never tried anything as effective as this. I haven't tried removing mascara with it though as I don't want to rub the lotion in my eyes so it is still best to have a makeup remover specifically for your pretty peepers.

*****

L'oreal Base Magique Transforming Smoothing Primer - SGD22.90 or Php784.00


My rating: to follow
I haven't tried this yet so I can't really say much about it. This is now also available here for Php945.00.

*****

L'oreal Perfect Clean Foaming Gel Wash in Refreshing - SGD14.90 or Php510.00

The Scrublet

My rating: 4 stars
The first time I used it, I immediately noticed the difference! My skin was really smooth and fresh! And the cute little scrublet is very soft. The facial wash is runny so I found it best to first apply it all over my face and neck then use the scrublet to scrub away the dirt. After a couple of weeks though, I kinda broke out... Or maybe it was because I was about to have my period. I also feel that washing my face with the scrublet all the time dries out my skin a bit so I use it once a day or skip a day altogether. Anyway, I am alternating this with my Celeteque Facial Wash when I feel like my skin is getting stressed out. The scrublet is really great!

By the way, Watson's also carries Rimmel and Bourjois but I didn't find anything I liked or needed... And I didn't buy anything at the airport! Hmmmm... I think something was wrong with me in Singapore! I was probably just too preoccupied obsessing over their yummy chicken rice which is probably the only thing I ate the entire trip! Hahaha.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment