Monday, March 21, 2011

Sephora Super Sets

I wish we had Sephora here... Well, maybe not really... I'd probably be dirt poor if we'd have the makeup superstore here. But can you imagine having instant access to thousands of wonderful products under one roof? HEAVEN.

Whenever I go to Sephora.com, I always check their value sets and gift ideas & palettes sections. I assure you, you'll find something you'll like want! Some of the sets are exclusive to Sephora and majority sells for much less than their actual value - we're talking more than 50% savings here!

Last November, a friend went to the US for a vacation and had my purchases delivered to her place. These are the stuff I got:


Tarte's Ring It In Mini Cheek Stain Set at USD25.00 or Php1,093.00 (left) &
Benefit's Her Name Is Glowla at USD38.00 or Php1,662.00 (right)


*****
Benefit makes a lot of different palettes and this is the one I was most impressed with. Meaning, this was one palette I NEEDED to have. It's basically a complete set of makeup. You can survive with just this palette, plus your other essentials (foundation/concealer, powder, eyeliner and eyebrow products and a eyelash curler) and you're covered! And what makes this set a winner for me is that I can use everything in it! I also think this can suit most skintones so it's a universal super palette!
 
The kit includes:
  • Coralista blush (sample size)
  • Eyeshadows in Passion Pearl, Peachy Sheen, Terracotta Satin, Steamy Copper and Deep Bronze
  • High Beam (sample size)
  • Moon Beam (sample size)
  • Lip Gloss in Life on The A List (full size)
  • Badgal Lash Mascara (sample size)
  • Blush brush
  • Double-ended fluff shadow and hard angle brush


 Life of the A List Lip Gloss


     It even comes with a step-by-step guide to help you create a glowy look!



    My rating: 5 stars
    A really great value! Great for everyday makeup. It's like paying Php136.00 for each item in the palette. (LOL - I love computing and justifying my purchase!) The packaging is the cutest! It also has a mirror of decent size. It is bulky but if it's for personal use, it's fine. I've also been itching to try High Beam and Moon Beam but I do not want to spend USD24.00 for each. So I love how they come in sample sizes with this palette. And it's the only palette that has both "beam"ers. This is the first palette I bought from Benefit and I am so looking forward to their future releases! :)

    *****
    Tarte's Natural Cheek Stain is one of the brand's best selling products. Every year, they come out with a badass holiday collection which includes this set of mini cheek stains among other products. See last year's complete collection here. *DROOL*

    So this is what I got. I've been wanting to buy a cheek stain when I finished my mini version of Tickled, one of their famous shades. But I kept hesitating to spend USD30.00 for a full-sized stick when the minis are cheaper. And indeed, good things come to those who wait! Hahaha.




    It also came with this cute ring! :) 

    My rating: 5 stars
    I just love how this cheek tint gives a natural glow. I hear people complain that it's sticky, and it is, but lightly setting it with powder solves that, just like with a cream blush. Plus the product stays (again, as long as you set it right) so it works! And it is packed with a bunch of antioxidants with refining, anti-aging and restoring benefits! The full-sized ones are REALLY huge and would probably last you forever (and I think it is worth its price) but it is just such a joy to end up paying less and get three wearable shades plus a little extra something (the ring)! 

    A few years back, I was able to get the Tarte Glow On The Go mini cheek stain set but I only liked one shade, Tickled (leftmost in the picture below). Oh, and I also like the pouch. So I'm pretty pleased with the colors in the Ring It In set.


    How about you, is there anything you want from Sephora now? Me, I like a lot!!! Ummmm, I always like a lot of stuff. Hahaha.

    xoxo

    No comments:

    Post a Comment