Saturday, May 4, 2013

Handmade Apple Invites

Here's the apple invitation I made for my eldest daughter's slumber party


My daughter and her friends are into apple juice (I don't know why) so I used that as the theme. I searched online for some apple-themed invitations as inspiration but I didn't see any that I liked. I did find an awesome apple mini album from favecrafts.com and there was a free template available for download. Jackpot! Thank goodness for generous crafters!!! :)

Here are the materials I used for the project:

  • Scoring tool - I use ScorPal which I absolutely love
  • Template printouts *
  • Scissors
  • Glue - I use Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue which is one of my faves!
  • Alphabet stamps & ink pad
  • Ribbon
  • Clothespin
  • Black scrap cardstock
  • Green scrap cardstock (polkadots)

* I used three sheets of red cardstock and two sheets of white cardstock per invite.

I had to cut out five apple shapes first, scored and folded in the middle then glued four pieces together.





Before gluing the last apple shape to the bunch, I glued a 16-inch long ribbon on the left part of the apple and a 9-inch long ribbon on the right side. Then I went ahead and glued the last piece of apple to finish the base (book).





Next, I printed out the apple core sheets. I actually edited the template that I downloaded and added details of the party using Photoshop. I cut the pieces out and glued them on the pages of the apple.



Using the black scrap cardstock, I cut out little apple seeds. I placed six at the back and just three at the front - as one side had a print.




I stamped the names of my daughter's friends on a green polkadot scrap paper and drew a leaf around their names by hand, then cut. I glued the leaf by the center of the apple next to the crease.



I then clipped on a wooden clothespin at the center as the apple's stem. This is my favorite detail of the invite!


And here's the finished product. A ten-page apple invite! 


I had fun working on this project but my hand really hurt from cutting the apples, core pages and those itty-bitty seeds. Thank goodness I only needed to make three pieces for her three best friends (I actually made four, the extra one was our copy)! I'm glad my daughter absolutely loved her invitation and so did her friends and even their parents! So it was all worth it! The things we do for our loved ones... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment