Wednesday, June 29, 2011

BECCA Makeup Loot

Hooray for new makeup! :)

I keep saying I am on a shopping diet yet here I have another loot. It's not only this stash, mind you, I have a bunch of stuff waiting to be opened. I find it amusing how high my EQ is as I refuse to use, nor even touch, new makeup or tools until I am done swatching and/or taking photos.

So these are the items I got during Becca's Halcyon Days Collection launch at Adora last May 17. Some were given and some were bought. Thank goodness as I cannot afford to pay for all of these. o_O

The Loot


*****




Eye Pencil in Majorca - Php1,750.00
(from the Halcyon Days Collection)






I love this eyeliner! It glides very smoothly and has really great staying power. I also love the smudge tip on the other side of the pencil, very convenient. Plus it's seriously soft enough for the delicate eye area. This eyeliner is just perfect in creating the smokey eyes look.

*****

Mineral Blush in Damselfly - Php2,150.00
(from the Halcyon Days Collection)

WOW. This is the first time I tried Becca's blush and I'm very impressed! This is a great universal color. The color pay-off is really great too. 

Left to Right: Mineral Blush in Damselfly & Eye Pencil in Majorca

*****

  Retractable Dual Ended Eye Brush

(price unavailable)


Eye Colour Side

Eye Contour Side

The Eye Colour brush is bit small to be used as an eyeshadow brush. It actually looks like a lip brush. The Eye Contour brush, however, is really nice. It has a slightly flat dome shape and the bristles are soft. This will give a concentrated deposit of color on your crease. I also like that there is a retracting contraption to keep the bristles in shape especially when you put the cover back on.

*****

Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal - Php2,950.00

This was recommended by Claire Allanson, Becca's international makeup artist who flew in for the launch, and as well as Jen Delica, professional makeup artist and my teacher in Center for Aesthetic Studies (CAS), who was also one of the guests. Claire shared that this is the perfect product to use if you're going for the dewy look. Jen also shared that she loves using this as a natural-looking highlighter. This is actually a tinted moisturizer with light-diffusing particles which gives the skin a healthy glow from within and SPF 25+. Great product! It does look oily if worn alone, so it is best to use this under your makeup. Other colors available.

*Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfector is In Style's Best Beauty Buy Winner for 2011

*****

Beach Tint in Watermelon - Php1,850.00

Every girl MUST have this. This award-winning versatile product can be used as a cheek and lip color. It is waterproof (and kiss-proof!!!) and blends very easily. It also smells crazy good! Did I already mention that every girl MUST have this? GO!

* Becca's Beach Tint is an Allure Editor's Choice Award Winner
*****

Eye Colour Demi-Matt Powder in Doeskin - Php1,550.00


Eye Colour Shimmer Powder in Lamé - Php1,550.00
Left to Right: Doeskin & Lamé

I had a hard time choosing which colors of eyeshadow to get. They're all amazingly pigmented. Seriously. Doeskin is matte and it is great for natural eye contouring. Lamé is shimmer and is just great, period. Hahaha. But, seriously, the latter is great for a fresh version of the very sexy smokey eyes. The only thing I don't like is the packaging as I prefer see-through lids. But the packaging is gorgeous. It is too pretty to depot this.

I cannot remember if I have ever gone inside a makeup store and just love every item I see. Becca had me ooooh-ing and aaaaah-ing the whole time. Everything is just wearable and they're all about enhancement, which I love. They are pricey, yes, but packed with the good stuff so that makes the price worth it. Plus, try checking out their website, they have tips from professionals on each of their products. Becca is LOVE.

By the way, here are some of the photos I took during the Halcyon Days Collection launch which I forgot to include in that post. That's Becca's PR Manager UK/Europe and international makeup artist, Claire Allanson, who did a demo using the new collection. She's super nice! :)

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment