Sunday, April 10, 2011

Bobbi Brown Loot

If I were to be asked which Bobbi Brown item is the best for me, it's their gel liners! I absolutely love it! It's THE BEST gel liner in the world! I don't really have a lot of Bobbi Brown items in my kit and when I was asked to work for Bobbi Brown for a couple of times, I was able to try their products and boy, I am just crazy in love with this brand now!

Bobbi Brown makeup is very easy to use and have wearable colors. They're perfect for your everyday look. Ms. Bobbi Brown, herself, believes that "makeup is a way for a woman to look and feel like herself, only prettier and more confident", which I think is and should be the ultimate reason why women buy makeup.

So I asked around, checked reviews online and got these products...


*****


Hydrating Eye Cream - Php2,200.00

I love that it is very emollient yet it has a very light consistency and a little goes a looooooong way. It has Aloe Vera, Witch Hazel Extract, Jojoba Seed, Avocado Oil and Squalane which are all good for the skin. Learn more about these super ingredients:

Aloe Vera - reduces appearance of lines, creases, age spots and furrows in the face. It also improves the skin's ability to hydrate itself and aids in the removal of dead skin cells.
Witch Hazel Extract - helps decrease bags under eyes and skin puffiness. 
Jojoba Seed - is a superb moisturizing agent, reduces fine lines and increasing suppleness, with natural healing properties, which help with problem skin.
Avocado Oil - contains a bunch of vitamins that help maintain a youthful looking skin and protects from harmful UV rays and environmental pollution.
Squalane - act as lubricants on the skin surface, which gives the skin a soft, smooth appearance.

 *****

Blush in Nectar - Php1,300.00

One of Bobbi Brown's award-winning products is their blush. Nectar is a pink coral shade that is almost universally flattering. It is very pigmented and gives you a naturally fresh glow. Tip: Bobbi Brown likes layering two shades of blush. First, use a neutral shade of blush on the cheeks and add a pop of bright blush on the apples of the cheek for a long lasting and more radiant flush.

*****
Pot Rouge for Lips and Cheeks in Powder Pink - Php1,450.00



The Pot Rouge is one of "Bobbi's Greatest Hits" and it's understandable why. Aside from being a multi-tasker - a blush and lip color in one, this just gives you that perfect natural blushing glow from within. It's all you want from a blush. Just make sure that you set it with powder when applied so it will last. :)

*****

Corrector in Peach - Php1,250.00

I was a bit skeptical about this corrector but it works wonderfully. A peach or salmon colored corrector neutralizes a bluish dark circle (for purple-ish circles, a yellow colored corrector works best). Since this is not as thick as other correctors in the market, it blends easily and won't tug the undereye area which we have to be super careful with because the the skin is very thin and sensitive. Plus this won't make the undereye area look dry or accentuate fine lines. I find myself using this more often than my other orange correctors.

*****

Bronzing Powder in Golden Light - Php1,850.00


This is a gorgeous matte bronzer for fair skin (up to NC35 skin, for reference). It is very pigmented so take a light hand when applying. Gradually add more if needed. It gives a very healthy sun-kissed glow.

*****

Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink & Sepia Ink - Php1,150.00


THE BEST. That's all I'm going to say about these babies. Oh and just a tip, after dipping your eyeliner brush in the pot to get some product, put the lid back on again. I hear a lot of people complain that this dries up very fast. I still think they're the best... you just have to take care of it.

Overall, I am very happy with my loot. :) Do you have a favorite Bobbi Brown product? Do share! :)

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment